Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whoa Mexico

Well, I'll be out next week on vacation in Mexico, but I've got the blog setup to post some of my older articles that you might have missed out on the first time or that I really enjoyed writing.  A couple of things to note before I hit the trails.

  • The final season of Lost started up on Tuesday, and (as I've talked about before) I'm a big fan of the show.  We even went through and watched all 5 previous seasons before this season premiere, mainly because E and myself had missed most of season 3 and 4.  The best part about Lost is easily the internet discussion as amateurs and professionals attempt to figure out what the frak is going on, with the Idiot Board's Lost discussion easily being the best of the bunch.
  • Here's an interview with Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes.  It's believed to be his first interview since 1989(!!).  And if you don't like Calvin and Hobbes then you should probably just turn off your computer and go be a curmudgeon somewhere else, ya heard?
  • On a suggestion from Blaze I'm about to start reading "Blood of the Fold," by Terry Goodkind.  Now that we're all caught up with Lost I've got more time to read, so if anyone else has recommendations of any sort feel free to give me some suggestions.

3 comments:

Dr. Bergeron said...

WHAO WHOWAWOETHA WHOA just wait one F-ing second Greg.

You can't just read Blood of the Fold by TG without first reading the other 2 or 3 previous books. You didn't just start as season 3 of lost do you? I didn't think so.

I read every book in the series over a matter of 3 or 4 months, something like 7,000 pages of total reading. Every book is a page-burner. They go quick and are hands down the best series of books i've ever read. Do yourself and favor and don't rob the satisfaction out of the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_truth

Your book listing.

Best book of the series is "Faith of the Fallen". It's a beautiful political/life commentary on the fate of a people that can't think for themselves.

Gregor said...

This is the same series you were reading when we came down to visit you? Hahah, shoulda realized. It's the book that Jesse gave me, that sumbitch. Looks like I won't be reading it on the trip after all.

Though I did read The Two Towers and Return of the King before I read The Fellowship of the Ring, and that didn't ruin my enjoyment too much, though I was might confused.

Dr. Bergeron said...

you blog sucks at posting things while you're in mexico.

also, hope you're not shitting uncontrollably.