Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keep Turning Up the Heat

As we're currently on the verge of buying 9-packs of tickets for the Brewers 2010 season I think it's a good time to talk about them, no?

  • Brewers made some interesting transactions this off-season - trading for CF Carlos Gomez, catcher Gregg Zaun, signing new starting pitchers Randy Wolf and Doug Davis, plus a bunch of other moves to hopefully improve the team.  It'll be interesting to see how these moves effect a team that was ravaged by an overused bullpen last season.
  • GREAT news is that they re-signed Craig Counsell.  Counsell is easily my favorite Brewer player (obviously), so it's great to see him back.  My #30 jersey will get much use this summer.
  • Go to google.com, type in the name "Frank Catalanotto," and look at the fourth link.  That's right, this blog right here is 4th on Google when you search his name!  How cool is that?  Sadly, Frank signed a minor league contract with the Mets, and will not be returning to Miller Park this year.  This makes me rather sad, as we'll not be getting a helping dose of The Outfield's "Your Love" whenever you come up to bat.  You'll be missed, Frank!
  • Brewer Fever has overtaken me so much that I even watched a Brewer Replay on FSN this past week, Gallardo vs Carpenter in a pitchers duel that ended with a Bill Hall (!) walk-off hit.  
Man oh man, I'm excited for this season. Beers, baseball, brats, grilling, bags, sunshine....it doesn't get much better than that.

1 comment:

Dr. Bergeron said...

why do you rub such things in my face greg. WHY.