Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tzatziki

I will make a bold proclamation right now.  2010 will be the year of Tzatziki!  You may be thinking, "what the frak is tzatziki??"  The answer, my dear friends, is cucumber sauce, the same stuff you slather on gyros! 




The delicious mix of strained yoghurt (usually sheep's-milk or goat's-milk in Greece and Turkey) mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, and olive oil isn't just for gyros anymore.  We had Oakland Gyros delivered to us on Monday, and we used the cucumber sauce for dipping chips and carrots into as well.  It was great, and something other than ranch to dip food in.

But that is only the start, dear friends.  I will be beginning a rigorous taste test to find out the best things to put Tzatziki on.  Hot dogs?  Nachos?  Cereal?!?!  Everything shall be tried, and devoured.  Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Dr. Bergeron said...

This is the only white condiment that I like.

Gregor said...

RACIST.

Kate said...

1-You're welcome
2-Where will you be getting all of this cucumber sauce? Are you going to learn how to make it?

Ric said...

Delivered by the BRAUNARRAGAN train. tooot toooot.

Also, everything shall be tried, but I'm not sure it'll all be devoured. You think cucumber sauce will be good on brownies. NOT SO FAST.

Gregor said...

Making it might not be the worst idea. It can't be too hard, can it?

Kate said...

You make it, I'll taste test it. Though I'm not sure about if it were on brownies...