Thursday, January 28, 2010

Etiquette and Protocol

I found myself in another awkward situation today.  Suppose you're walking through a thin space, like the gap between some cubes at work.  There's a man sitting in the alleyway of the cubes, and you need to squeeze past him to continue on.  It's a tight fit, so either you've got to turn sideways, and either give him a bit of your backyard, or have your package be about 2 inches from the back of his head and neck.  What do you choose?  I actually was actually squeezing through using one of these techniques, took a step back, and then went past him using the other technique, because it seemed the lesser of two evils.


(In this case the guy in the hall and the guy he's talking to are circles, and you are a Mike and Ike.)

So I ask you, fair citizens, what would you choose?

3 comments:

Dr. Bergeron said...

You should say "Pardon me Chap, can you scoot in'a'bit" in a british accent. Works every time for me and then you can scoot by in confidence.

or you could just get your own office like I have.

Ric said...

you're always getting yourself into awkward situations.

Gregor said...

It's the story of my life...