Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Confession Time

A conversation with Blaze this morning was kind of eye opening.  We were discussing this article on Cracked about insane fan theories that actually made movies better, and he started talking about The Neverending Story, a movie of which I have never seen.


Though maybe I should, look at that freaking thing.

And I started thinking about other things like this, in which pretty much everyone else (it seems) has seen or experienced or had knowledge of something but for whatever reason I have not.  Here's what I could come up with:
  • I didn't know that a "churchkey" was a bottle opener.  There's even a bar in Madison called The Church Key, but I never put 2 and 2 together.  I only found this out about 3 weeks ago.
  • I've never been a big fan of The Simpsons, and have probably only watched 10 episodes in my entire life.
  • I only like two, maybe three U2 songs.  The only one I can think of right now is "Desire."
  • I've never been a big fan of college basketball.  I'll fill out the brackets when March Madness rolls around, but other than that I don't have much attachment for the game.
I'm sure there's gotta be more.  So it's time to fess up, all the rest of you.  Have you never seen The Goonies until you were 20 years old?  Are you from Wisconsin but not a Packer fan?

2 comments:

Belle said...

Ditto on the Simpsons. Just never watched them. Eric loves them so now I'm seeing it more and more.

Up until a couple of years ago I had never seen The Godfather movies which was "unheard of" by a lot of people.

I'm also seemingly the only person in the world who has lived in a city like Green Bay for over ten years and still needs to look up directions EVERYWHERE.

I lived in Green Bay for a long time and still don't give two shits about the Packers AND have never been to a game, that I'm aware of.

I don't like any meat on my pizza and never have.

Let's see...that's all I got for things everyone else does/can do/likes/doesn't like that I seem to be the lone opposite of.

BTW, you must see The Neverending Story. One of my all time favorites, and I was just talking about it right before Christmas because someone had named their cat Falcor (the dog/dragon)

Ric said...

Every other movie you reference I haven't seen. I don't remember any of them right now though.

When I was younger, I hated any food with chunks in it. That meant fruit in yogurt, fruit pies, tomato chunks in spaghetti. I think it stems from me throwing up orange jello with carrot slices in it when I was 3 years old.

I'm really bad about judging things based on their name (movies, bands, people, restaurants, etc ...) I mean, if it sounds stupid, I won't give it a second thought. If I wouldn't have gotten past that, I wouldn't have started listening to Kings of Leon.

I'm terrified of deep water and any kind of creature lurking in said water. Even if it's really just minnows.

Agreed on NES; I haven't seen that movie in forever ... Netflix!