Friday, November 13, 2009

Monday Randomings Vol. III

Let's jump into it, shall we?

*shuffle*

Lot's of free time means lots of thinking about things, and one of those things I think about is retirement, financial matters, and frugality. JD at Get Rich Slowly had a great blog the other day about Roth IRAs which breaks down in very simple terms what it is, and where you can open one. Look into it folks.

*shuffle*

Click it!


Lesson? Stop overreacting, H1N1 isn't a big deal.

*shuffle*

I finally bought a Xbox 360 a few weeks back when Wal-Mart had them for $200 with a $100 gift card. I figured it was about time, considering we'll soon be moving into a place and won't be able to use MrB's or FortNight's 360s. Now I've just got to look into the easiest way to transfer my saved games to the new machine (which by the way runs amazingly quiet compared to the older 360s. Hopefully mine won't RRoD anytime in the future.)

*shuffle*

My Grandma's house had this same light switch....hurm.

*shuffle*

One of my earliest blog posts was entitled "Friends Forever?", in which I talked about how friendships change over time, and that's ok. But over time I've realized that just because things change doesn't mean that friendships dissolve, they just get put on hold. I met up with my friend Nater this weekend to pick up a book I lent him over a year ago, and we caught up a bit over a beer, and it was a blast. We talked about video games and movies and life, and I was sad I couldn't stay longer to talk to him. We agreed to meet up again over Christmas, and I'm looking forward to it.

*shuffle*

Oakland Gyros are awesome.

1 comment:

Dr. Bergeron said...

God's country light switches.