Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Randomings, Thanksgiving Week Edition

I'm liking these Monday Randomings, it's a good way to jump into the week with lots of the random things I've been thinking about during the weekend.

*shuffle*



Two charities that I'm rather fond of, Toys for Tots and Child's Play, are in full Holiday swing, and I'd recommend you donate some money or items for either of them. I'll be doing both.

*shuffle*

A guest post on Frugal Dad really struck a cord with me. Young couple making plenty of money, quite a bit of debt, but obviously spending too much, and thus could could be debt free in 3 years. But they don't really want to do anything about it! I'll be talking about it a little more when I talk about my 2009 resolutions, but I'm pretty happy with how my finances turned out for the year. Wanting to do something about them, and actually doing something about them are two different things.

*shuffle*

Over the last two weekends I've driven 720 miles without my CDs in my car, so I've been listening to a lot of radio. Specifically a lot of Top 40 radio, like 103.7 KISS FM. I haven't listened to pop radio in years, so it was interesting to hear what's "popular." I have to admit, my guilty pleasure is definitely Rihanna: I can't think of a single song of hers that I don't enjoy hearing. However the biggest issue with pop stations is that they have a playlist of about 30 songs, so they're CONSTANTLY playing the same things over and over again. It made for good driving music for 4 days, but now I'll be dipping my feet rather gingerly into the pool of pop music.

*shuffle*

Here's an interesting chart about the evolution of Superhero movies. The 4 movies on that list that I have not seen are Catwoman, Elektra, Howard the Duck, and the original Punisher. All of these movies, not consequently, are supposedly terrible.

*shuffle*

The Milwaukee Bucks are off to a pretty darn good start this season, and even have a game being broadcast on Friday night on ESPN. I think it's about time to go to a game and check them out in person.

*shuffle*

I'll have a blog up tomorrow about hunting, but nothing makes you appreciate internet access and warm food like sitting in a tree stand for 10 straight hours.

1 comment:

Ric said...

Howard the Duck? With Lea Thompson? It is terrible. So terrible it's good.