Monday, August 17, 2009

Too Many Calories

The Wisconsin State Fair is something I didn't even know existed until a few years ago. I thought each County had a fair, but had no idea that the entire state had one also. "Why does the state need one if every county already has one?" Oh Gregor, you ignorant bastard! The reason is quite simple: The most delicious, unhealthy food ever thought up is made at the fair. Here's the list of everything I ate this year.
  • Hot Cheese on a Stick - It's like a corndog, but instead of meat in the middle there's nacho cheese.
  • Corn Dog - I love me some corn dogs.
  • Cheese Cake on a stick, dipped in chocolate and peanuts. Delicious, though it filled me up quite a bit more than expected.
  • 1/2 Pound cheeseburger.
  • Cheese fries.
  • Samplings from different soups and dips in the Pavilion.
  • Deep fried Mac & Cheese on a stick.
  • Foot long Corn Dog - Told you I loved corn dogs.
  • Chocolate covered bacon - It's surprisingly very good.
  • Deep fried peanut butter jelly sandwiches - I will be attempting to manufacture these sometime in the future, they were that good.
  • Jalepeno Cheddar cheese curds.
  • Strawberry Sundae - probably some of the best ice cream I've ever had....made in Wisconsin, dontcha know.
  • Bison and Elk snack sticks.
  • Cream Puff.
And yes, I will begin eating healthy again starting today....I don't think my heart could take going to the State Fair more than twice a year.

3 comments:

Ric said...

You mean a BUCKET of cheese fries. I swear 70 percent of everything they serve there has cheese, or offers a cheese option.

And, you forgot the chocomalt nog.

BLaZE said...

You know my parents have a small friar(lol). But seriously, you sound like you want me to bring it camping. Deep fried pudgy pies!

Gregor said...

I'd be ok with you bringing that, for sure.