Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Hate Running

But sometimes even I can be coaxed into going for a run for Charity. This past Saturday me and the roommates ran in the Sausage Run/Walk 5K, held at Miller Park. Like a fool, I didn't really prep for it as much as I should have. Work the past two weeks has been insane (thus the lack of blogging), but I did get a 1.4 mile run/walk in a few days before the race (I'm still working on being able to run the whole way). I ended up finishing in about 32 minutes, which I didn't think was too bad, but yes, I got beat by some 13 year old girls, 60 year old women, and a person in a giant Hot Dog costume, but I beat the Chorizo, so I've got that going for me. And part of the race goes through Miller Park, which is very cool. They take you in through a service entrance, and then onto the field, where you run on the gravel warning track area from right field to home plate and then to left. Very cool, and kind of eerie seeing the place so empty.

All in all I had a fun time, even though my calves were killing me the past 2 days. But I told Ric that I'd be up for running another 5k sometime in the future, so that's a small victory, no?

No comments: