Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Randomings, Vol. 5

Man, it's been a while since I've done one of these, eh? Let's get to it!

*shuffle*

This is probably one of the funniest things I've read all week. Prince Fielder isn't exactly known for his speaking ability, but the line "I don't know. I just work here" cracks me up to no end. Good stuff, Prince.

*shuffle*

You know life is crapping on you when you're standing at a restroom sink, trying to get the automatic sensor to recognize that your hands are in front of it, when the sink next to yours turns on, even though there's no one in front of it.



*shuffle*

First day of Summerfest is downright insane. The number of people coupled with the heat made for an interesting time, but all in all it was very enjoyable. At the US Cellular Connection stage they have a massive screen that you can send texts and pics to, and some of the messages are ridiculous. My favorite was "The basest is my new best friend."

*shuffle*

This is the first I've seen or heard of the movie Daybreakers, and holy cow that is a high concept. I do love me some vampire movies, but this spins it on it's head in a very neat way.

*shuffle*

While at The Toys show last night they mentioned (before playing Sex on Fire) that the Kings of Leon show at the Bradley Center in September was already sold out. Seriously? Now, I had heard that they had played a soldout show at Madison Square Garden, but I didn't think it would sellout so quick here in Wisconsin. Kings of Leon: Biggest band that no one is really talking about?

2 comments:

Chad said...

Daybreakers looks pretty awesome since Grant from Jurassic Park is in it.

Also, hate to say it, but I don't like Kings of Leon. Something about that guys voice rubs me the wrong way.

Like washing my privates with lava soap.

BLaZE said...

1. Looks awesome. Glad to see the vampire plot made unique again.

2. Grant from Jurassic Park is only seconded to Paul Smecker from Boondock Saints.

3. Yet another great example of trailers which show you WAY TO GODDAMN MUCH. Honestly, all I needed to know to watch this was that the human race was vampires and running out of blood. Now I know that a small group turns themselves human again and has a showdown. Lame.