Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Best Show You're Not Watching


Yes, I know it's summer and you're probably too busy doing fun outside things, but do yourself a solid and set your DVR to record the television show "How I Met Your Mother." Traditional sit-coms might not be as popular as they once were, but one show refuses to go quietly into thy good night. The premise is simple: 5 friends that live in New York. It's like Friends, but doesn't suck.* The main character is Ted, who is describing to his kid's in a very roundabout way, how he met their mother. There's some recognizable characters, as Barney is played by Neil Patrick Harris, and is downright awesome as a corporate lothario.

Marshall, played by Jason Segel of Forgetting Sarah Marshall fame, is hilarious too.


Here's a clip.

See what I mean? It's the perfect mix of goofy, surreal, and hilarious that makes me happy. Give it a try, it's got the Gregor Seal of Approval™

3 comments:

Ric said...

"corporate lothario?" Niice verbiage.

KiltRunner said...

OMG Greg, yet again, sooooo late on this one. I didn't even read the post.

Gregor said...

Haha, maybe I should recategorize this as one of my "Jumping on the Bandwagon" shows then, eh? I just started watching it out of the blue (It must have been after seeing I Love You, Man), but I expect you to enlighten me with other nuggets of goodness from now on.