Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Morning Vice

Many of us, whether we're in the working world or not, tend to rely on certain stimulants to get us going in the morning. For some people it's coffee. I love seeing certain people in the hallway here at work, because they are NEVER without their mug of coffee. I've seen people come out of the bathroom stall with it. Others it's Mountain Dew, or an energy drink. They drink it so much they start bringing in cases of soda to stock in the fridge.

But me? Well, I shower.


Even if I took a shower the night before (like I did after working out last night), I still shower every weekday morning. It's probably more of a mental thing than anything, but it gets me going in the morning unlike anything else. Just 5 or 10 minutes soaking in some hot water recharges my batteries, washes away the worries of the previous day and prepares me for the next day.

Now I'm not saying I don't indulge in some caffeine (or Gummy Bears, as was the case today) from time to time, but for me the best part of waking up is a nice hot shower in the morning.

3 comments:

Chad said...

I'm glad you shower every day. We ALL KNOW that you sweat uncontrollably at night because of your gland problems.

Gregor said...

I sweated uncontrollably at Grandma's House because that place has no insulation and would routinely stay at 85 degrees during the summer. Dammit Dennis...

BLaZE said...

And you shower with Axe bodywash? right? You must use Shock! I can't imagine it being possible to wake up without the glacial water, deep sea mint, and menthol blend that Axe Shock delivers!

And no, I'm not fucking serious.