Thursday, May 7, 2009

Entrance Music

Carlos Corporan, a minor league back-up catcher in the Brewers system, was recently called up to the big leagues to back-up Jason Kendell until Mike Rivera gets off the Disabled List. (He also got his first major league hit last night. Congrats Carlos!)


And it got me thinking, once again: What would I pick for my entrance music? The choice is rather obvious. AC/DC "Whole Lotta Rosie." Give the beginning a quick listen.

Awesome, eh? I picture a crowded Miller Park, bottom of the 9th, two outs. Down by one, with a man on second. My name is announced, the crowd roars, and then the guitar lick roars out of the loud speakers. Duh-duh-nah-nah-nah-nah-naah! And then the whole crowd shouts my last name. Or "Gregor!" Either one works. Duh-duh-nah-nah-nah-nah-naah! Again shouting! The place is electric. And then I pull out my bat, and it's got "Rosie" engraved on the side, and the crowd goes bananas!!! What happens after that? Well, we'll hopefully find out someday, no?


Aaaah, day dreaming....

So what would be YOUR entrance music, fair reader?

3 comments:

Chad said...

Shaq - Shoot Pass Slam

The Question Marks on peoples faces would be incredible.

Ric said...

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Really, mine would probably change alot... but I'm obsessed with Hysteria by Muse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR_UkJV-wE (Plus this video makes me want to play RB real bad.)

And, Gasoline by Audioslave has a good intro too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEh5yS0ZjJE

BLaZE said...

Right now? Slipknot - PsychoSocial,

Or maybe Pulse of the Maggots after that first dialogue.

I would really push to have mine change every month though.