Thursday, April 16, 2009

Never Seen That

I like talking about movies, because everyone has seen movies they like, movies they hate, and movies that moved them. But what I really like finding out is movies that people haven't seen. One tends to take for granted that someone our age, growing up in America has seen certain movies, but there will always be those that have fallen through the cracks. Take me, for instance. I've never see Scarface, any of the Godfathers, and up until a few months ago had never seen True Lies. Isn't that kind of odd? You'd figure that a guy of my age would have seen all of these, but no dice. And it's not just me, either. FortNight hasn't seen Hook, the 1991 CLASSIC Peter Pan movie starring Robin Williams. And my friend Carolyn hadn't seen The Goonies until a few years ago, which is practically blaspheme in my house. So I ask you, fair readers, are there any movies you haven't seen that you probably should have by now? Some classic Disney cartoon that escaped your grasp during childhood and you've still never seen it. I'm curious to find out.
(Yes, this whole post was just a reason to throw up a picture of Arnold on my blog, which was severely lacking in him up to this point. I'm sure you don't have a problem with this.)

3 comments:

Ric said...

You forgot "A Christmas Story," which you successfully avoided.

I fail at nerdom because I've never seen all of each of Star Wars IV-VI... Otherwise:

Mary Poppins
Zoolander
Any of the Rocky movies

BLaZE said...

Not many movies I have missed out on. unless I am just having a brain fart.

Pi is one that has come up a couple times that I've never seen.

Otherwise I apparently have too much time on my hands.

Feel free to Double Check me. But beware, that list hasn't been updated with anything from this year. :-o

KiltRunner said...

Bullet holes!!!!