Monday, April 20, 2009

Laugh It Up


Saturday night we were lucky enough to go to the beautiful Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee to see comedian Louis C.K perform. Like dozens of things in my life, I jumped on the bandwagon far later than I honestly should have. I had heard about Louis a few years back, but was too lazy to actually YouTube his name and look up some of his comedy. However we watched his special on Showtime a few months back, and absolutely loved it, and as luck would have it we were offered tickets to go see his show a few days after that. Fate smiles upon you sometimes.

So Louis C.K. is very funny. Here's a clip to peak your interest, but I recommend you sit down and watch one of his specials and have a beer, you'll love it. I can honestly say the show was the hardest I've laughed in a long time. We had pretty good seats, second row in the second floor, so we could see him really well. And we found out a week before going that they were taping the show to make a movie of it, which is really cool. I doubt we'll pop up anywhere in the movie, but it'll be neat to tell my grandkids that "I was there!" while I blow their minds with swearing and violence and sexual jokes.

But there's one thing that nearly ruined the night for me. One thing that nearly made me turn around in my seat and get in a fight. And that's because this lady was sitting directly behind me.

And this is what it sounded like the whole time. Mix in a few "OH MY GAWD!"'s and "OH GAWWWD" and you'll get the full effect. Either this lady was hammered-ass drunk, or had never heard jokes before in her entire life. She was constantly laughing after everyone else would stop, and just wouldn't shut up. Thankfully I managed to focus my chi and ignore her for most of the show, but holy crap did I want to strangle her for the first 10 minutes.

Anyways, it was a great show (here's a recap from The Decider), and I highly recommend everyone to check out a show at the Pabst Theater if you get a chance. That place is beautiful.

3 comments:

Ric said...

I think you hit the nail on the head about Fran.

BLaZE said...

Thanks for the shoutout. :-) j/k Glad you guys had fun.

Chad said...

I went to the Pabst Theater to see A Perfect Circle a few days after it opened up. It was a beautiful place. There was also a man next to me that took enough hallucinogens to kill a small family that was conducting an orchestra the entire time.... but still awesome.