Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Move Over

So after 1 year, 2 months, and 2 days I've been required to relocate myself to a different cube. For the past year my team has been talking about waiting for the lady that was camped out like Vatican City in the middle of Italy. She was finally convinced to move, and so out with the old, in with the Gregor.

Now this is a rather bittersweet event for me. I like my old cube. It's off by itself, and I can laugh as loud as I please without disturbing others around me. And now I'm SURROUNDED by other people. Constantly typing, and talking on the phone, and being loud. Hurm....

But then again, I need change in my surrounds. When I was a kid I would re-situate my room every few months, just for a change. And in between those month's sleep on top of the covers, and fold it over like a soft taco on top of me. That way my head would be in the opposite direction, effectively fooling myself into thinking I was somewhere new.

But I fear this move is just the first of many. I've seen it happen before...

No comments: