Monday, March 16, 2009

Junkyard

With every trip back home I must always be prepared to load up the car with any and everything my mom can think of to get rid of. Her never-ending battle against the clutter that seems to permeate all of our long-abandoned bedrooms is really quite honorable, but it seems like she hasn't made much headway in the past years. However, she got serious on both me and my brother this past weekend. I left the house with a never opened pizza oven (like so), 2 house plants, 1 large painting, 3 other paintings of various sizes, and a cooler full of frozen food. Oh, and a loaf of bread, and a bag of buns. I'm thinking the food parts were just bribery for me to come back later on in the spring to grab more of my crap.



Not actually my closet. It's bad, but not that bad.
Being back home made me realize just how badly I need to clean out my old room. Drawers full of clothes, closet full of games and toys. All of this junk that doesn't need to be kept anymore. My mom is determined to have a garage sale in May (there's a village-wide garage sale during a Friday/Saturday), so she's determined to use our new garage to get rid of the mounds of crap that's accumulated. And I'm determined to help her out, by just going hogwild on my room back home (heck, my room in Shorewood too. Far too many t-shirts and ill-fitting jeans for a 23 year old to have.) Plus a little extra scratch in my pocket is never a bad thing. And anything that doesn't sell will be going right to Goodwill, so that someone else can (hopefully) use it. Let the purging begin.

1 comment:

Ric said...

I really think your mom ought to get together with my mom and give her a few pointers. Really.