Monday, January 26, 2009

Return of the Underdog

Well thank my stars and garters, but it looks like Whitefish Bay native Craig Counsell will be returning to Brewers for the '09 season. And from one goofy white boy to another, I say "welcome back, Craig." Counsell is one of those characters that fill in the cracks between the super stars on professional sports. They don't have big egos, and they don't have big contracts, but without them things just wouldn't be the same.


And I have a propensity for cheering for these underdogs. Sure he only hit 1 home run last year, but I was there to see it! And I think his Wikipedia article puts it best when it says "He is not known for hitting far with his stance but he can run fast."

Plus he can play an position in the infield, and filled in well when Bill Hall was busy sucking it up this past summer at 3rd base.

And last but not least, anybody that has "All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix as their at-bat music is ok with me. I can't wait to listen to it again this summer.

2 comments:

Ric said...

BRATS, BEER, AND BREWERS.

Oh, I can't wait for the season to start.

Anonymous said...

Gregor,
I have been the underdawg my entire life and have come out on top 100% of the time (come again, that's what she said).