Friday, January 23, 2009

Don't Click This!

Due to the graphic nature of this post reader discretion is advised.

It's seems that internet advertising tends to go in streaks. There will be one ad that you'll see EVERYWHERE for a while (you remember the crazy dancing girls, yes?) Well this next one has been all over the place lately, and it's rather gross.

It comes in two varieties, lucky you! Here's the skinnier sidebar one.

Most internet ads offer unrealistic things; how else are they going to entice our grandma's into signing up for things they don't need. But this one is just comical. Say you lost two pounds of stomach fat per week. Stretch marks don't go away, and your skin doesn't retract that quickly either, so you're gonna look kind of odd with you loose skin stomach hanging around (oh hai thar Tara Reid). And is it 2 rules? Or 1 Golden Rule? So confused!

And the icing on the cake? (obey)

Nice try internet, you're not fooling me today! Now I'm off to claim my prize, I'm the 1,000,000th visitor!

3 comments:

Chad said...

This is the first time I've ever seen this ad because I use Ad Block Plus.

Let me throw this simili out there IQ test style:
DVR:TV Commercials::ABP:The Internet

Blockem!

Gregor said...

I had to take Ad Block off a few sites I frequent because it was messing with the layout, and on the 3 site I don't have it this monstrosity hit me.

Ad Block is highly recommended, though.

Epic Gecko said...

Perhaps my comment is a bit late.

The first picture looks like a male gut (or maybe their image quality just makes it look hairier) and the second looks female...which makes me question their set of rules.