Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catching Up with Lost


Much like I did with Heroes, I decided that I wanted to catch up with the TV show Lost. I had watched the first two seasons when they first premiered, but stopped watching right when season 3 started up again. The boredom of winter (and frequent talk from BLaZE and Ross) has inspired me to start watching again. I set upon this task a few weeks ago, when I decided to watch all of Season 3 and 4 in order to catch up for Season 5. And then I realized that Season 3 had 22 freaking episodes. 22 HOUR LONG episodes. Umm.....yeah, not enough hours in the day for me to accomplish that, so I did the only reasonable thing: read the synopsis for each episode on Wikipedia. Sure not as exciting as actually watching the episodes, but desperate times yadda yadda yadda. I also resolved myself to watch the Lost recap that aired at 7:00 pm (before the 2 hour season premiere), and that helped greatly also. Lost may be seen as some arcanely intricate plot-based show, but mostly it's about the characters, and I feel relatively up to speed now. I'm thinking of going back to watch the older episodes just to feel more caught up, but all in all I'm ready for Season 5 of Lost. Anyone else out there a Lost fan?

5 comments:

Chad said...

I can honestly say that i've never seen a single episode of lost. I'd have to crush it with torrents and then plow through it like I have with my other shows of interest.

Gregor said...

I recommend it, Chad. It's good stuff, lot's of good character development, and they're getting into some crazy time travel things now that are really well done.

Ric said...

For the first time in about six months, I sat and watched a TV show premier without the luxury of DVR last night for Lost.

I got to see most of the recap, and could follow most of the show, (I like Hurley, he's offers some comic relief) but CHRIST... there were 8 billion commercials. It was irritating. And it was two hours long.

Gregor said...

Yeah, I noticed towards the end of the second episode that I was CONSTANTLY having to fast forward through commercials. I'd have been po'd if I didn't have it DVRed.

BLaZE said...

"22 HOUR LONG episodes. Umm.....yeah, not enough hours in the day for me to accomplish that"

... Actuuuually.

And yeah, there were more commercials, but it felt like the commercials were A LOT shorter then usual. At least in the beginning they were.