Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ch-ch-changes


Changing the layout of one's blog is a lot like changing the style of the clothing you wear. Is this "me?" Does this fit the message I'm trying to convey about myself? Do people actually as themselves these questions? Now, I pretty much wore carpenter jeans with a t-shirt and tennis shoes from 8th grade year until last year, nearly everyday. Now with a real job I am forced to wear dress pants and button up shirts every day, and when I get home I usually throw on sweat pants, an old t-shirt, sweatshirt and my Pluto slippers. I like it that way.

Did I know better when I was stuck in the t-shirt and jeans phase? Yeah, but I didn't have much money, and looking "fashionable" was pretty much second to putting gas in my van. Also, the stubborn belief that womenfolk would only care about my sparkling personality and dashing wit (and would overlook my plethora of high school football shirts and worn out frayed jeans) was still in effect. I think I failed to realize that dressing like a hobo would stop most women from getting to know me, and thus realizing I was the man of their dreams. Oh young Gregor, you were so naive.

Now is the part where I say, "well, then I started wearing the very finest in Corinthian leather, with blazers and turtlenecks." WRONG. I still bargain shop most of my clothes from Target or Kohl's, but they're fashionable enough for me to wear out and about. Chances are my $12 shirt from Target looks just as nice as your $68 Ed Hardy monstrosity. I still wear t-shirts, but I wear button up shirts more and more. In hindsight, changing the layout of a blog really isn't like changing your style. Styles tend to change gradually over time, and have a natural progression. Blog styles can be changed more easily, even everyday, with no monetary impact.

(Yes, this was my pathetic attempt to tie in the new look of the blog with a topic. FAIL. But what do you think of the change? Better? Worse? Font too big?)

9 comments:

KiltRunner said...

I personally dig the old style better. When I first started farting I picked out a background that looked too similar to yours. To avoid being a copycat, I changed it, and NOW LOOK WHAT YOU WENT AND DID!

Ric said...

It's easy to read, but your header doesn't stick out as much. That makes me sad.

BLaZE said...

Sucks. ;-0

Anonymous said...

I support you no matter what your decision is Big Buddy. ;-)

Gregor said...

Using my impressive Paint skills I've added a better header. It's good enough for the likes of you, I reckon.

Chad said...

i see you're copying my style of custom photochopped header. You bitch.

also, i still rock insane salvation army type wardrobe. because i can.

Belle said...

Your font is too thin for a plain white background. It hurts my eyes to read that much on a white screen.

Gregor said...

Well I will continue to change everything until everyone is happy.

BLaZE said...

I enjoy hot pink and lime. Please find a way to include these into the mix.

THANKS!