Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's in a Name


By request I will now tell you the tale of how we decided to give the name Pickles to my friend Andy. I'm not sure how the discussion began, but I mentioned to Blaze one day that every group of friends needs a guy with the nickname of Pickles. He laughed and said he actually had a Pickles in his group of friends back during Cross Country. Anyways, I took inventory of our friends and determined that Pickles would be a splendid nickname for Andy, and went about informing everyone else that we should call him so. We unleashed the name upon him at lunch one day, to his confusion. We even changed his name on our IM client at work to Pickles, to facilitate the transition. After a short period of revolt he embraced the name, even to the point of making it his gamer tag for Xbox Live. Mission Accomplished, I'd say.

4 comments:

Chad said...

I LOLed about this. I'm glad this went over better than "Butcher" did.

Ric said...

That pile of pickles looks really unappetizing.

BLaZE said...

The origin actually started when we were reading wikipedia's articles on Metalocolypse. IE Dethklok. Which, for those of you who are not familiar, houses a drummer by the same name.

I'll let this blog slide, although I feel it pushes me out of the story MUCH more then irl. I'll have to check my chat logs for confirmation. Maybe a rebuttal blog is required. ;-)

Gregor said...

Yeah well, maybe you shouldn't take vacation so I have someone to fact check stories with.