Monday, October 20, 2008

Spreading the Word

I am by no means a movie maestro. I see quite a few movies, but not an insane amount. But what I do like doing is finding little gems of movies that kinda slip under the radar or bomb at the box office for various factors and being a champion for said movie. I found the special red band for a movie called called Sex Drive this summer (click here for the trailer), and instantly knew I wanted to see the movie in the theatre. I love love love teen comedies; they bring me back to the carefree days of high school of not giving a shit, driving around like lunatics and trying to get girls. And this looks like a movie in the same vein as Roadtrip, American Pie, and Can't Hardly Wait. I saw Sex Drive last night in the theatres, and Erica and myself were 2 of 5 people watching the movie. And you know what? It was great! I was laughing my ass off the whole time! If you like these things you'll love Sex Drive:
  • Hot girls
  • Jail
  • Sex jokes
  • fast cars
  • Underage drinking
  • The Amish
  • James Marsden (who really deserves to be a bigger star, the guy has been phenomenal in every movie I've seen him in)
  • Seth Green
  • Sarcasm
  • Giant donut suits
  • Dildos
  • Cornfields
  • Purple Soda

This movie has a ton of great one-liners too, mostly all delivered by this man. Clark Duke definitely has the potential to be a big star (he's got a video thing here with Michael Cera from Arrested Development and Superbad). Look, fall is officially the wasteland for movies. What other movie are you gonna go to the theatres to laugh at, Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Because if you actually pay to see that movie I will slap you silly. Seriously, go see Sex Drive, you will not regret it.

1 comment:

Ric said...

Well, hot girls WHO are Amish.
Fast cars IN cornfields.
And, giant donut suits WITH dildoes. (Or, dil-does?