Thursday, September 18, 2008

46 Days, 14 Hours, and counting...

I'll be so happy when this election is done. I can't handle politics. I can't handle the lying and pandering and mudslinging and all the other BS that comes with modern elections. I just want to sitdown and watch the news or a Brewer game without having every other commercial about McCain or Obama.
How terrible is it that in order to get elected president these days a man has to basically abandon all of their long held beliefs and align themself with their party/special interests who actually fund the campaign?
Or that decisions get made, not because it's the right thing, but because the American people are so apathetic about decisions being made they just believe everything they're told. There are two parties, so you think one party would call out the others idiocracies and correct their stupid ideas that sound good on paper, but really won't do a lick of good. You'd be wrong.

November 4th can't get here soon enough.

As an aside, I'll end up voting for Obama I'm sure. But I won't hold out hope that things will radically change for the better like a lot of his supporters seem to think, the president gets more credit than he deserves, for good or bad. If he wins I doubt we'll all be sitting around a fire singing koom-by-ya saying how he fixed the economy, ignited world peace, and cured AIDS. As Roger Daltrey said, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

No comments: