Monday, August 18, 2008

Well, I'm Back.

And just like that, I'm back in Wisconsin. The last few days of the trip were essentially uneventful (other than the pictures...once I talk to Charlie I'll get those posted), with us making our way through Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and sleeping in our cars in Colorado. Then on Friday we continued through Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa before finally reaching Madison at 2 in the AM.

All in all, I'd have to rate the trip a B+. I really wish we had more time to see and do everything (didn't surf or bungee jump), but it was amazing to see so much of the country in such a short time. No major mishaps, though we had some close calls with the car overheating and hotels being nearly booked. Some facts from the trip:

  • Miles traveled: 4,778
  • Total money spent on gas: $794.82
  • Total money spent on lodging: $261.96 (sleeping in the car, plus staying with friends/relatives really helped)
  • Total money spent on food: $490.90 (took the rough total of what I spent, multiplied times 2)
  • Total money spent: $1547.68
$3.08 a mile to see that much of the country? That's a steal! Now next summer a roadtrip (on motorcycle, perhaps?) down to Florida to visit Charlie, Marcus, and Chad is in order. No more roadtrips until then, though......I'm pooped.

1 comment:

MrB said...

You look like chad in that picture. I thought I was reading the wrong blog.

and yes, HOGS FTW!