Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things I Love #3: Stick It

Probably my biggest Guilty Pleasure is this movie about gymnastics. Other than the obvious hot girls in spandex factor, there is NO reason I should like this movie, yet I've seen it probably 4 times already. I discovered it on Starz last year when I was home at my parent's house with some time to kill and no one else around. I don't wanna go over the plot (cuz I'm afraid to gush about it) but the characters are perfect, the casting is great (even though I'll always see Jeff Bridges as The Dude.), and the humor and "action" are good stuff. I'm a sucker for inspirational sports movie, I eat up Major League, Remember the Titans, and Little Giants every time they're on, so seeing the same story engine applied to a nontraditional sport that I don't know much about is kind of neat. The main actress, Missy Peregrym, hasn't really been in much, which is surprising considering how much depth she shows in the movie. It's also weird that she's older than me, considering she was playing a high schooler in the movie, but Hollywood is weird like that. Now, you might be skeptical about the movie, and you might think less of me because I enjoy it, but seriously: Give it a try, if you haven't seen it already. If you go into it with an open mind I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

4 comments:

MrB said...

I tend to like faggety movies as demonstrated when we watched 'Take the Lead' and enjoyed it.

Gregor said...

Hahah, I had completely forgotten about that movie until right now. I loved that one way too much too.

Ric said...

what about Drumline?

Gregor said...

Hate Drumline. I only watched it once, and maybe I'd like it now, but I remember just hating it the first time I watched it.