Friday, July 18, 2008

Sometimes I...

~Sometimes I...forget how to walk down stairs, mid step. I have to stop myself, get back into motion, then continue.
~Sometimes I...will get something stuck in my head for days at a time. A phrase, slogan, piece of a song. They bounce around in the noggin until something else pushes them out.
~Sometimes I...wonder how much different my life would be if I had went to Green Bay or Eau Claire instead of Whitewater. Chances are, not for the better.
~Sometimes I...want to wake up early on a Saturday morning and watch cartoons in my PJs again. But then I realize that most of the Saturday morning cartoons are crummy anime.
~Sometimes I...think about dropping everything and moving to California to try my luck in movies. Not as a actor, but as a grip or assistant or something. But aside from not having the tenacity and heartless to live in that soulless world, I could never leave my family behind like that.
~Sometimes I...go for a drive, just so that I know the area better. Milwaukee is a big place for a small town boy.
~Sometimes I...doubt humanities worth, but then I see a little kid full of wonder and enjoyment at the simplest things and realize that love of life is still inside all of us. If we'd all bring it out once in a while the world would be better off.
~Sometimes I...am really happy it's Friday. Ah heck, who am I kidding. I'm always happy when it's Friday =)

2 comments:

Ric said...

Sometimes I, too, have difficulty with steps. Especially when I'm carrying something up or down them. It helps if you look down at your feet.

Tokes said...

Things would have been worse for me had I gone to Whitewater. That is, if it was even an option. Which it wasn't.

There, were even.