Friday, July 25, 2008

Sad Day

I just saw on CNN.com that Randy Pausch had passed away, at 47 years old. If you haven't heard about Professor Pausch, this is what he's famous for: The Last Lecture, a speech given by professors at Carnegie Mellon college that boiled down all their work into a simple idea, as if it was their last lecture they'd ever give. And in Professor Pausch's case, it very well could have been. He was diagnosed to terminal pancreatic cancer in 2006. His Last Lecture has been seen by more than 3 Million people on YouTube, and I'm not ashamed to admit I got misty eyed at the end. Do me a favor and watch it. It's about 70 minutes long, but I think it'll make an impact on your life. I know it has mine.

Godspeed, Professor.



You cannot change the cards you are dealt. Just how you play the hand.





No comments: