Friday, July 25, 2008

Rules for My Business

It's always been a dream of mine to own a small-business, mainly so that I could be my own boss. Since most of my friends have been entering their full-time jobs in the past few months it's interesting to hear the corporate culture of wherever they work at. In general it seems the smaller/newer a company is the more relaxed the culture is. And so I've come up with my RULES FOR GRAPEDRANK ENTERPRISES
  1. Monday: Work starts at 12:00 Noon. Friday: Work ends at 12:00 Noon. You will be paid for 40 hours a week, but only working 33 hours a week. Nothing really gets done during these time periods in a typical office anyways. And it's a general fact that the less time you're at the office the happier you are. Unless you come to the office to get away from your kids, then you've got other problems buddy.
  2. Going off of #1, come in for the day, get your work done, and then leave. There's no reason for you to be here if you're not doing work.
  3. If you've got too much work we'll give some to someone else, train them to do part of your job. If you've got too little, we'll give you more responsibility. It's as simple as that. A diverse workforce that knows how to do multiple jobs is better than a highly specialized one that only knows how to do a tiny part.
  4. Dress is Social Casual: Shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops are all allowed. If you have a meeting with a vendor then you are required to dress up, but I'd rather have you comfortable then looking classy. As long as there are no stains or holes, wear what you want.

2 comments:

Ric said...

1.) Are you hiring?
2.) What kind of business is this? I'm not dealing with TPS reports.

kiltrunner22 said...

Agree with ric....

I will do project work, analyzing or bakery baking for the entire staff. See how dynamic I am?