Monday, June 16, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon #2: Venture Brothers


Nater hooked me up with both seasons of the Venture Brothers earlier this year, and I've finally got around to watching them recently. At first I was a bit skeptical, mainly because it seemed like every other Adult Swim cartoon. However, that turned out to be a good thing, in that I spent half the episode laughing and the other half shaking my head while smiling at the absurd situations and characters. Venture Brothers is a vaguly Jonny Quest-esque show that chronicles the adventures of two dopey teenage boys, Hank and Dean Venture; their super-scientist father, Dr. Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture; and the family bodyguard, secret agent Brock Samson. Beyond them, the show's big stars are definitely the Venture team's associates and villians. From their crazy Necromancer neighbor Dr. Orpheus, supervillian the Monarch, who dressed like a giant butterfly, lovably dorky Henchman 21 and Henchman 24, and the list goes on and on. I just finished Season 1 and can't wait to dig into the second season.

3 comments:

MrB said...

I wasn't too impressed by what I saw of that show tbh. But then again, i'm sure you gotta get in the mood and try to follow the storyline for it to make sense...

It's weird how I love shows like ATHF and Robot chicken but completely hate shows like Tom and Eric Great Job! or whatever.

I'm still on the fence about this show.

Gregor said...

Yeah, following the storyline does help. I'll rewatch Season 1 with you, if you want....I liked it that much!

Tokes said...

No, I wouldn't say storyline is that important. I just enjoy watching brock be brock.

And on the note of Tom and Eric Awesome Job. That show can burn in hell. I can't believe something so retarded is aired on national television.