Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Easy to Please

I have no favorite food. I know what you're thinking. "Come on, everyone has a favorite food man." But nope, not anymore. I used to love exclusively Mac & Cheese. Now I'll take whatever can be warmed up or assembled the quickest. Steak. Pizza. Shrimp. Chinese. Sammichs. I'm just really not picky. And I really don't care what I do for work, as long as I have something to do. Right now I'm upgrading firmware, which involves me doing the same thing over and over 15 times a day. Not exciting by any means, but at least I'm not staring blankly at the monitor for 8 hours a day. I asked myself the Office Space question (What would you do for a job if you had a million dollars?) and I couldnt come up with anything I'd like to do.* And so I've come to the realization that I'm really mellowing out in my old age. I still get upset about things here and there, or fired up about bad stuff that happens to me...but not like I used to. But is that a bad thing? Am I becoming an apathetic waste of life, who doesn't give a crap about anything anymore? Or am I just "maturing"? Shouldn't I still have the fire of youth to motivate me to do something? I guess it's just that once you hit the working world you really don't have anything big to look forward to. Sure, the things I looked forward to in college were arbitrarily big (Spring Break! Summers off!). I need to take some sort of vacation in early August, this is a fact. The question is do I roadtrip to the East or to the West? I think I'll weigh the pros and cons on that tomorrow.


*Besides two chicks at the same time, of course.

No comments: